Here is my life story you can spend the next 5 minutes scrolling through to get to the recipe:
As a child I was traumatized by black jelly beans and that is somehow relevant to this recipe, which is the only reason you’re here anyway.
Pickled Habaneros with Jalapenos, Garlic and Onion
- Mason Jars
- 4 Cups Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 20 Habaneros
- 5 Jalapenos
- 1 Red Onion
- 5 Garlic Cloves 1 per 8-12oz Mason Jar
- 2 Carrots
- 1 tbsp Mustard Seeds Per 8-12oz Mason Jar
- In a large pot, bring water to a low boil. Add mason jars, lids and bands to water and leave in until ready to add ingredients to the jars.
- Add Apple Cider Vinegar and Sugar to a pot and put on medium heat
- Cut Habaneros and Jalepenos into rings. Remove seeds if desired. Add them to a bowl and set aside
- Shave and slice carrots. Add to another bowl and set aside
- Peel and crush garlic cloves.
- Peel and halve onion. Cut into thin triangles.
- Remove jars, one at a time from the low boiling water
- Add habaneros, garlic, onion, carrots, jalepenos in layers and top with mustard seeds
- Fill jar with pickling solution
- Place lid and lock in place with the band
- Place sealed jar back in low boiling water for 1 minute to help the seal
- Removed sealed jars and place on towel and allow them to cool
- Once lids have popped, they may be refrigerated